Present during the event launch were Quezon City Administrator Mr. Aldrin Cuña, AIDS Society of the Philippines' Executive Director Ms. Ma. Cecilia Añonuevo, Quezon City PIA-DENR Regional Director Ms. Riza Baldoria, Runner-blogger turned QC 1st District Councilor Ms. Doray Delarmente, and TriAthlete/QC 4th District Councilor Vincent Belmonte. The program was hosted by no other than the celebrity Jeffrey Santos (Judy Ann Santos' brother).
Although, this year's race will not have its signature 42K distance category because the event will not just be a race night but also a celebration of the 75th Jubilee for the whole family. So don't go home yet after crossing the finish line as side-event programs such as the Puppet Theater of DENR will surely make your eve a night to remember!
Read more about the race details below:
Quezon City International Marathon 1st QC Night Run
29 November 2014 Saturday, 7:30 PM
Quezon Memorial Circle (QMC), Quezon City
Event as part of the Climate Change and HIV/AIDS Awareness Campaign
Distance, Registration Fees and *Inclusions:
- 3K - Php 650.00
- 5K - Php 750.00
- 10K - Php 850.00
- 21K - Php 950.00
- Online via QCIMRun.com
- Credit Card - Fill-up your information upon registration at QCIMRun.com
- SM Tickets - Purchase SM Ticket at any SM Cinema nationwide, then enter the ticket code upon registration at QCIMRun.com
- Prepaid Card (starting Sep. 25) - Purchase a prepaid card from partner stores below, then enter the prepaid code upon registration at QCIMRun.com
- Toby's Sports - SM North EDSA; Shangri-La EDSA; SM Mall of Asia
- Runnr Store - BGC; Alabang Town Center; Trinoma
- Date: November 20 to 23, 2014
- Time: 10:00 AM to 8:00 PM
- Venue: TBA
- Claiming Procedure:
- Bring a printout of confirmation e-mail and one (1) valid ID.
- If claiming for someone else, bring their confirmation e-mail printout, one (1) valid ID of registrant, and signed authorization letter.
- 3K - 7:30 PM / 9:20 PM
- 5K - 7:30 PM / 9:10 PM
- 10K - 7:30 PM / 9:00 PM
- 21K - 7:30 PM / 8:30 PM
QCIM LED Baller/Blinker and Finisher's Medal:
There will be partial road closures along the route, so for motorists, plan your route ahead for this very special event of Quezon City to avoid getting stuck on traffic during the race. MMDA, QC-DPOS (Dep't of Public Order and Safety), and Police personnel aside from the Marshals will be deployed to ensure the safety of the Participants.
Starting line for all categories will be at the QMC fronting Commonwealth Ave.
For the 3K, 5K, and 10K participants, runners will pass through the west-side of the circumference towards Quezon Ave., then back to QMC running on the other east-side of the circumference towards the Finish line.
21K Runners will run the entire Circumference of QMC and cross the road towards Commonwealth Ave., U-turn at 6th kilometer at "The Buffet International Cuisine", going to the west-side of QMC and straight to Quezon Ave. U-turn going to the Finish line will be at the 15.5th kilometer at Sto. Domingo Church.
Click the route map below to download/enlarge the view:
Almost Php 372,00.00 will be given to Top 3 Male and Female finishers will be given by the Quezon City Government as cash prize to both Quezon City and non-Quezon City residents. That means, Quezon City residents (including Foreign Nationals) will have their own moment to shine as they have a separate special prize category apart from the non-QC residents. The 3K category top finishers will be given gift packs for their prize.