|Beat your limit and discover your potential with customised avatars at the Nike Unlimited Stadium|
The Unlimited Campaign "applauds the perseverance of the world’s greatest athletes and underscores a summer of sport... and encourages everyone to embrace an “unlimited” mindset" (Nike Unlimited Future). During the media launch, Nike Athletes in the Country like Lian Melegrito (UP PepSquad), Jimmy Alapag (PBA), and Running Coach Rio de la Cruz (Runrio) shares their story of being unlimited and what resolve victory requires that enabled them to conquer and achieve their feats.
|Lian Melegrito, Jimmy Alapag, and Coach Rio de la Cruz|
With this, the installation of the Unlimited Stadium encourages everyone to do the same, to believe that you can do much more than what you thought you possibly can.
|Tread your soles in this magnificent 200-m digitally-enabled running track|
So how does the Unlimited Stadium and Avatar works?
Each runner must register first before heading out to the stadium's track, and upon registration, you will have to wear an iPico RFID timing chip that is matched with your registered nickname. Of course, there will be sensor mats placed at the start and finish lines to read the timing chip. Now the challenge is you have to outrun your own avatar starting from your 2nd lap. There's no avatar yet on the first lap as this lap will be used by the system to gauge your average speed and determine your approximate position/distance on each succeeding laps.
|My avatar is ahead of me|
The Unlimited Stadium welcomed the public last Friday, August 5, and will continue to operate for 17-days only until August 21, 2016 from 4:00PM to 10:00PM. So here's your chance to try it out, it's FREE anyway! And what's more reason to go aside from the chance of outdoing your limit? You'll get to reap several rewards according to your "milestones" during the course of the Unlimited Stadium Challenge:
|Reward for every milestone (first-come, first-served)|
A. One-time challenges:
- Download Nike+ Running App
- Download Nike+ Training Club App
- Run at the Unlimited Stadium for the 1st time
- Post your Unlimited Stadium run on instagram with #JUSTDOIT
- Clock one 10km run in Nike+ Running App
- Clock one 15km run in Nike+ Running App (2 stickers)
- Complete 2 workouts in Nike+ Training Club App
- Complete a total of 42km in 17 days with Nike+ Running App
- Bring a buddy to NRC or NTC session. Sign up at nike.com/manila
- Bring a buddy to the Unlimited Stadium
- Trial a shoe at Nike Park Fort
- Attend NRC session
- Attend NTC session
- Complete a daily goal at the Unlimited Stadium
- Clock three 3km runs consecutively in Nike+ Running App
- Clock two 5km runs consecutively in Nike+ Running App
So what's your excuse?
|Registration and footwear trialing area at the Unlimited Stadium|
|Coach Rio leading the warm-up before the challenge|
|We get to test these Nike LunerEpic Mid (mid-cut) Flyknit on the Stadium|
|The inner portion of the "sole" running track|
|The iPico timing chip mat reader on the starting line. Overhead is a mini-overpass|
|Towards the finish line|
|View at night from 9th avenue|
|Unlimited You wall|
Nike released its Unlimited Colorway collection, with selected styles available in the Philippines. The colors used in the collection represent not only the unlimited athletic abilities of each individual, but also the way in which Nike views the world: bursting with unlimited inspiration and design possibilities.
The Unlimited Colorway collection will be available in selected Nike stores and will be offered across the Running, Training, Basketball, and Nike Sportswear categories.
The following selection of styles from the Unlimited Colorway collection is available at the Nike Park BGC and Nike Stadium Glorietta 2:
- Nike LunarEpic Low Flyknit (P8,095)
- Nike LunarGlide 8 (P6,295)
- Nike Free RN (P5,295)
- Nike Air Zoom Pegasus 33 (P6,295)
- Nike Zoom Streak 6 (P5,795)
- Nike Air Zoom KD9 (P7,645)
- Nike Hyperdunk Flyknit 2016 (P9,895)
- Nike Metcon 2 (P6,745)
- Nike Air Max 1 Ultra Flyknit (P8,995)
|Presenting Nike Philippine athletes with their Unlimited Colorway|
|The Nike Lunarglide 8 sports one of the Colorway collection|