This coming November 3, 2013 (Sunday), the streets of New York City's five (5) boroughs will be filled again with thousands of runners aiming for the 26.2-mile journey and millions of spectators will be cheering and inspiring each participants in every step of their way for the 2013 ING New York City Marathon. Together with hundreds of bands that will entertain the whole crowd, some 47,000 runners will also experience the sights and sounds of the city. The race will also be live in worldwide television that will have around 315-million audience, the largest one-day live sporting event in the world.
Supported by the City Government, the ING NYC Marathon is a big celebration for each participants and every runner's chosen beneficiaries. One of those participants who partnered with Timex and running for charity is Bill Rancic, an Entrepreneur, Author, TV-personality, family-man, and first-ever winner of the NBC's "The Apprentice". Bill is also recognized for his work as a best-selling author of two books, “You’re Hired” and “Beyond the Lemonade Stand.” An entrepreneur at a young age, Bill is is also the co-executive producer and co-star of his top-rated reality show “Bill and Giuliana” with wife, Giuliana Rancic. On November 3, 2013, he will be the very last person to start the race and for every person he passes, Timex will donate $1 to Giuliana’s charity, Fab-U-Wish, which grants wishes to women fighting breast and ovarian cancer.
Bill is training with the TIMEX® IRONMAN® Run Trainer™ 2.0 GPS watch, which provides real-time pace, distance and heart rate data. Bill has also been training with nationally-recognized Timex Multisport Team athlete, Chris Thomas, who has developed a specific training program for him.
Our own Mr. Anthony Pangilinan, Maricel Laxa-Pangilinan, and Coach Rio dela Cruz are also joining the great crowd in New York City and will try to beat their time and make history as delegates of Timex Philippines. Last Saturday October 26, 2013, our delegates were up-close and personal together with select bloggers for a round-table and intimate Q&A about their preparation, participation, and expectations for their upcoming 2013 New York Marathon.
It was also a first-time for yours truly to come as close to them, talk to them eye-to-eye, and feel their passion as they talk about their fitness and training regimen to prepare for this event, what makes the ING New York City Marathon special and one of the most sought after races in the world. Coach Rio also gave tips and advice for our fellow runner/blogger Wilbert Lacbay who was accepted to join this years' New York Marathon.
Read on the profiles of our own Timex Philippines delegates below and give them a motivational cheer for a chance to WIN YOUR OWN TIMEX IRONMAN SLEEK 50-LAP WATCH (click the link for more details).
- A management trainer, motivational speaker, and productivity consultant.
- Anchor of a 2 hour weekly Teleradyo Program in Aksyon TV5 called Magbago Tayo, which is broadcasted nationwide and worldwide.
- He was one of the finishers in the 2009 and 2010 Ironman Philippines 70.3 held in Camarines Sur Watersports Complex and in the 2012 and 2013 Ironman Philippines 70.3 held in Cebu City with local and foreign triathletes from different countries.
- He was the official Timex Philippines Delegate to the New York Marathon in Nov. 2011.
- His official finish time is 4:26:53
- Wife to inspirational speaker Anthony Pangilinan
- An award-winning actress and authored 5 books. She has won a Catholic Mass Media Award for her children’s book Super Benj in 2006.
- She writes a weekly column for Philippine Star called Mommy Talk.
- Since she joined triathlon, she has garnered the following podium finishes: 3rd Placer Anvaya Invitational Triathlon 2009, 4th placer Camsur 70.3 Ironman Relay Division, 1st place Ateneo Aquathlon 2012, 1st place Bert Lozada cup Invitational Swim Meet 2012.
- She was the official Timex Philippines Delegate to the New York Marathon in Nov. 2012. However the event did not push thru in observance of the Boston Marathon bombing.
Rio dela Cruz
- Runner, Coach, Race Director and Event Organizer.
- Owner and founder of the running/events company Runrio Inc.
- His races are the most sought after races all over the Philippines. Their resume includes the Runrio Trilogy sponsored by Unilab, Rexona Run, Timex Run, and the Milo Marathon.
- As a coach, he has been known to train countless athletes and celebrities. Some of his clients include Iza Calsado, Fernando Zobel de Ayala, Karen Davila, Frederick Go, and Anthony Pangilinan.
Now you've read their profile, it's your TIME to set your mark and WIN by liking, sharing, and giving a motivational cheer for Coach Rio, Anthony, and Maricel Pangilinan. The best motivational cheer will be chosen by the Timex Management team and shall be announced as the winner.
*Timex is the official timekeeper of the 2013 ING New York Marathon.
Do you also want to experience an international race without going out of the Country? Join the 2014 Cebu Marathon where Timex is also the official timekeeper, Coach Rio/RunRio Inc. as the event organizer and partnered by Safeguard and Enervon.