World Balance, as we previously know was one of the popular sportswear brand more commonly for shoes. World Balance International have been around since 1980 and has established a reputation among Filipino consumers for its good quality, stylish designs, and affordability.
I was recently surprised with their recent product that was introduced to me, the EasySoft line of shoes that is positioned to be an alternative for office leather shoes that which can be used to brave the muds and murky waters.
|Can your office shoes do that?|
The EasySoft shoes currently comes in three (3) models (and in three colors of White, Brown, and Black):
- Black Hawk
|Ryan Boiser wearing the Nevada model|
Also one more impressive thing about the shoe aside from the EVA insole is that it is made of plastic material with a consistency of rubber, but when worn, it doesn't even look like it is not a leather shoe. This plastic material is called VicroTech, and it is flexible yet durable, and since it is plastic-based, it becomes waterproof.
|The EasySoft Black Hawk, comes with a removable EVA insole|
The only downside of the shoe is that it is a bit more heavy compared to the usual office shoes, and since it is from a plastic material, the feet easily gets sweaty, specially when surrounding or the weather is hot.
In summary, here're my impression of World Balance's EasySoft Black Hawk with size of US7.0 (Eur40):
- A good alternate office shoe when raining due to its waterproof material;
- No movement restriction feel on the legs and feet when you are in a hurry or heavy walking due to its flexible property;
- It naturally goes with the foot's arching movement when walking without loosing its durability due to the plastic base yet rubber consistency;
- The removable EVA insole is an added bonus for more shock absorption;
- Non-slip outsole for better grip even on slippery surface;
- Great for always-on-the-go workers, in rainy days, or for Students who are always faced in floods or muddy streets;
- Price is very affordable (unbelievably low price) at ONLY Php 299.75.
- The shoe is still much heavier compared to usual office shoes;
- Feet feels suffocated when worn for a long period in a day (although, most office shoes aren't really built to become breathable);
- Black hawk model's design looks a bit bulky even for semi-hugfit slacks pants.
|Inside the office|
|On another angle|
This is the first time I reviewed a shoe not intended for running, but it has still passed my expectation because there are many times that I do still run going home or going to the office (yes, while in polo and slacks pants) and wearing the EasySoft Blackhawk model has freed my inhibitions and movement limitations when wearing a stiffer office shoes. With these said, World Balance still did a great job coming out with this great office shoe alternative.
World Balance will soon release new models of the EasySoft and also coming up with EasySoft shoes that are geared towards more casual attires!
Check out some more photos of the EasySoft Black Hawk:
|The EasySoft waterproof, flexible, and durable outer|
|Stitched and rounded-design front|
|Thicker EasySoft heel edge for smoother impact|
|EVA insole insert|
|rounded cell-like design sole pad (supposed to make the shoe lighter)|
|Non-grip EasySoft outsole|
|No problem with water|