What sets this race (and actually all Run Rio races) aside from other Marathons is the continuous improvement of the race, and honestly, when I crossed the finish line last year, there's nothing more that I could complain about, and for me the race was already perfect, from the gun-start, the necessities throughout the route, the finish lines' red carpet, cowbell, and Philippine flag, the post-race program, sponsor giveaways/loots and pampering massage. But for Unilab Active Health (ULAH) and Coach Rio Dela Cruz's perspective, those are still not enough and there are still room for improvement.
So on October 6, 2013, registered Participants of the 3rd and Final leg of this year's RunRio Trilogy, most specially the 42K Runners will be again surprised with what's prepared for them:
- The last piece of the RunRio Trilogy 2013 Medal (mine will not be completed again);
- Launching of Active Health's latest offering in its Sports Nutrition line - the ULAH Sports Gel;
- VIP treatment for the Enervon Activ (42K Runners) before, during, and after the race:
- Ice cold glass of Enervon HP energy drink;
- Gatorade, ION Energy Drink, Water, Sponges, Bananas along the route;
- Grooming station before going for a Finish line photo-op;
- NEW red carpet finish - tunneled Finish line at the main stage complete with Photo-ops, Cheering from friends and family, and the whole spectators' gaze as you sprout out from the tunnel;
- RUPM Commemorative slippers;
- Rest and recovery routine at the Marathoner's lounge with Physical therapy and stretching services that will be provided by UST's College of Rehabilitation Sciences
|ULAH Sports Gel|
|RUPM Commemorative Slipper|
Other special activities also awaits all of the runners such as games and free product samples at the Unilab Active Health Village, photo-Ops with the Alaxan FR PBA Legends, and entertainment from True Faith and Evedancel of SugarFree.
Of course all of these will not end after the event, as those who completed the major distances of all the three (3) legs of the Trilogy will be awarded for their astonishing feat at the Awards' night.
For sure, this race will be memorable once again for everyone who prepared for this big race.
"We have been offering the 42K category for only two years and we are happy that we have established a good reputation. RUPM has its own following now. It has become the last big run race for most runners for the year. We are looking forward to celebrating yet another successful running year with our loyal participants." - Rio Dela Cruz