On 20 April 2013, the St. Luke’s Cancer Institute’s Corridor of Hope, in collaboration with ally medical practitioners, corporate partners, cancer support groups, and cancer patients and families, leads the race to life through RUN AGAINST CANCER, a charity run for the benefit of indigent cancer patients.
Cancer patients’ healing journey is often long and arduous. We can help bridge the gap between indigent cancer patients and their needed treatment if we’d altogether unleash the power of our feet. With our help, they just might be 3K, 5K, or 10K away from their recovery.
What: Run Against Cancer
When: 20 April 2013 Saturday, 4:30 AM
Where: Bonifacio Global City, Taguig
Beneficiaries: St. Luke’s Cancer Institute
Distance, Registration Fees, and Gunstart:
- 3K – Php 600.00 – 5:30 AM
- 5K – Php 700.00 – 5:15 AM
- 10K – 800.00 – 5:00 AM
- Online via RunningMate/Runner’s Runner
- St. Luke’s Medical Center Cancer Institute
- Quezon City and Global City Branches
- Toby’s Sports – SM Mall of Asia Arena; Glorietta Makati; Robinson’s Galleria
- Brooks Store – SM North EDSA Annex
- To raise a minimum of P 20M to help the indigent cancer patients of St. Luke’s Medical Center and other hospitals through partnerships with the cancer support and advocacy groups.
- To create avenues to establish partnership with advocates and supporters for sustainable programs to help the indigent cancer patients.
- To increase awareness about cancer prevention and management.
- Cancer Survivors and Families
- Cancer Support Groups
- Advocates of Health
- Company delegates
- Professional Runners
Further Readings About Cancer:
Filipino Nurses – Facts About Lung Cancer That Will Blow Your Mind
World Health Organization – Cancer Fact Sheet
PSMO Leads Celebration of Cancer Consciousness Week
Support the race to life. Run against cancer.