The first time I step afoot at Mt. Pinatubo was a year ago during the Climb-for-a-Cause for Tahanang Walang Hagdanan together with Maridol, Victor Verry, Argow and other Travel Bloggers. And despite its infamous eruption history, wrecking havoc across a great area of vast lands wiping it out from the Philippine map, the sight that we came across to was such an amazement to behold, the crater was both creepy and really magnificent, the lahar walls was also scary but it reminds you of what power our mother nature has.
|Just a few meters above the crater|
For the meantime, check out the following FAQs and Prizes for the Top 3 Male and Female Winners:
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs):
- What is the cut off time? – Cut off time will be at 10:00AM.
- Will there be sweeping? – Yes, when the cut off time arrives, we will already sweep for participants still in the route.
- Is it safe for beginners? – For beginners, we suggest they try out the 5K category.
- Transportation details: Transportation is not included in the race kit. Participants will go there on their own but rest assured, there will be a parking space allotted for them.
- What are included in the race kits? – singlet, race bib, drink stub, snack stub and finisher’s medal
- Hydration details/station. How many? - there will be six hydration stations throughout the course
- Recommended gears for this particular race especially those who are newbies in trail running – We are strongly advising participants not to forget their own hydration pack/bottle, as this is an Eco Trail Run.
- Gun start time: 5:30AM (25K), 5:45AM (12K) and 6:15AM (5K).
- 1st Place – Php 3,000.00 cash and Php 1,000.00 gift certificate from Columbia
- 2nd Place – Php 2000.00 cash and Php 1,000.00 gift certificate from Columbia
- 3rd Place – Php 1,000.00 cash and Php 1,000.00 gift certificate from Columbia
- 1st Place – Php 5,000.00 cash and Php 1,000.00 gift certificate from Columbia
- 2nd Place – Php 3000.00 cash and Php 1,000.00 gift certificate from Columbia
- 3rd Place – Php 2,000.00 cash and Php 1,000.00 gift certificate from Columbia
- 1st Place – Php 8,000.00 cash and Php 1,000.00 gift certificate from Columbia
- 2nd Place – Php 5000.00 cash and Php 1,000.00 gift certificate from Columbia
- 3rd Place – Php 3,000.00 cash and Php 1,000.00 gift certificate from Columbia
Press Release Excerpts:
Columbia Sportswear, a pioneer in the design and manufacture of outdoor sports apparel and accessories, announces its latest challenge to all those passionate about the great outdoors: the Columbia Eco Trail Run in Mt. Pinatubo, which will be held on October 13, 2012.
From the starting point Clark Nayon Filipino, Pampanga, all participants will get to run a route consisting of valleys and river crossings. This run consists of a variety of paths perfect for those looking for a weekend adventure, and more experienced trail runners....
The way to Pinatubo has become both a weekend getaway for the adventuresome, and Columbia Sportswear longs to bring more awareness to this site. Those who will successfully rise to this challenge will have the chance to take home cash and other prizes.
Columbia Sportswear has long been known for promoting an outgoing lifestyle, and the Eco Trail Run in Mt. Pinatubo is another example of how the brand is committed to this advocacy.
The Columbia Eco Trail Run Pinatubo is organized by Adrenaline Multisport headed by Thumbie Remigio. For inquiries you can contact us through: email@example.com.
For updates and announcements, please refer to Columbia’s Facebook fanpage.
Columbia Sportswear is distributed by the Primer Group of Companies, Asia’s next retail giant.