The first time I had an MP3 player with me also was back in 2009 with the Philips GoGear SA2825, which is really light and small. Unfortunately, the wires tangling on my back or on my side, with sweats going down on it, and earphones getting slippery because of sweat makes it unfriendly to use while running and mostly disturbs my seriousness and focus on the race (yeah I'm a serious runner... sometimes... mostly... sometimes). I only carried that MP3 player with me for about two or three races and never did it happened again. The life of that gadget ended when my brother accidentally sat on it.
It's a good news though when Sony launched the Walkman W262 last September 16-18, 2011 here in the Philippines at SM Mall of Asia. I first saw this product on May 2011 from one of my running buddy, who purchased the gadget from Singapore. Now we don't have to go to Singapore as what he did just to own a stunning lightweight, waterproof, and stylish wearable music player not only when running, but also in the gym.
During the product launch, I get to try wearing one of their model unit, though it feels awkward for me to be running alone around the mall, I just tested how runner-friendly it was by jumping a few times while in front of a mirror - and so I proved that this gadget is really... jumper-friendly (just kidding).
Another feature of the product that I liked most is it being water-resistant and washable, making it an ideal sports buddy (well, most of my running buddies aren't water-resistant, but they're also washable).
Okay enough with the story telling, so to give you more idea of the new Sony Walkman W262, here are the product features and specifications:
- 2GB capacity
- Trendy duotone colours, wireless and wearable design
- Compact Size - Compact earpiece ensures a snug and comfortable fit
- Water-resistant and washable feature
- Drag-and-Drop function and ZAPPIN™ feature
- 8 Hours Battery Life (Quick charge : 3 minutes charge for 60 minutes play back)
- USB microB connector / Hi-Speed USB (2.0)
- 5+5mW (16 ohms/mW) Maximum Power Output
- Built-in Li-ion Rechargeable Battery / USB power (from a computer via a USB connector)
- USB-based charging
- Approx. 1.5 hrs of charge (Quick Charge - 3 min charge for up to 60 min Playback)
- Weighs only approx. 32g
- Clear Audio EX Headphones
- ZAPPIN™ Feature (Short / Long / Folder Skip search methods)
- MP3 Audio Bit rate: 32 to 320kbps (Supports variable bit rate (VBR)), Sampling frequencies: 32, 44.1, 48kHz
- WMA Audio Bit rate: 32 to 192kbps (Supports variable bit rate (VBR)), Sampling frequencies: 44.1kHz
- AAC-LC Audio Bit rate: 16 to 320kbps (Supports variable bit rate (VBR)), Sampling frequencies: 8, 11.025, 12, 16, 22.05, 24, 32, 44.1, 48kHz
- Linear-PCM Audio Bit rate: 1, 411kbps, Sampling frequency: 44.1kHz
|Four colors to choose from|
|The most amazing feature|
For more information, you may visit Sony Philippine's Website.