Although I was registered for the last year's event, I wasn't able to attend due to unavoidable circumstances. And for this year, a schedule conflict got in the way, but I am inviting everyone for this year's another step towards ending hunger. Miss KC Concepcion - WFP's Ambassadress Against Hunger will also be present for the event (sigh! will miss her again!).
WFP and its partners are passionate about taking action on this important issue and believe that everyone can help by joining Walk the World Pilipinas as a step towards ending hunger.
WHERE: SM Mall of Asia, IMAX Parking lot
WHEN: May 29, 2011, Sunday, 5:00-10:00AM
This year’s Walk the World, which is set to be bigger than the previous years, is open to walkers and runners who are passionate about fighting hunger. In addition to the traditional 2-km walk, there will be a 5-km run for enthusiasts, both male and female, and a competitive 10-km group run. Proceeds from the event will support approximately 80,000 school children in the provinces of Maguindanao, Lanao del Norte and Lanao del Sur.
Join Walk the World Pilipinas today – together we can end hunger.
It costs WFP just 10 pesos to provide a nutritious meal to a child at school. School feeding programmes also give parents an extra incentive to keep their children in school, and help to lay a healthy foundation for a better future for the young.
If you can’t join the walk in person, you can still get involved at http://wfp.org/walktheworld
with photos, videos and donations.
|School Feeding in Piagapo Lanao del Sur|
- ROX, Bonifacio High Street, Taguig
- BratPack, Robinson’s Place, Manila
- BratPack, Greenbelt 5, Makati City
- Columbia, North Edsa, Quezon City
- Columbia, Mall of Asia, Pasay City
- Res Toe Run, Robinson’s Galleria, Pasig City
- Res Toe Run, Gateway Mall, Cubao
- The Travel Club, Trinoma, Quezon City
- The Travel Club, Newport Mall, Pasay City
- The Travel Club, Alabang Town Center, Alabang
- The North Face, Building A SM Megamall, Pasig
- The North Face, Mall of Asia, Pasay City
- Sanuk, The Block, SM North Edsa, Quezon City
|Ms. KC Concepcion with the adorable children|
|Last Year's Walk the World - End Hunger Philippines|