Hyundai launches Run for a Cause on 10th Year Anniversary kick-off
|Click Image to go to Registration site|
Inspired by Hyundai Motor Company’s vision to provide Innovations for Humanity, founded on five core strategies of respect for human values, global orientation, customer satisfaction, technology innovation, and cultural creation, this 5K and 10K run plans to propagate HARI’s PRO-Environment, PRO-People Empowerment, PRO-Poor, and PRO-Health and Well-Being advocacies as it teams up with its partners in sustainability:
- Gawad Kalinga Center for Social Innovation – whereby HARI will forward its advocacy of PRO-People Empowerment, particularly of the youth, to become the new forerunners of economic progress and development through entrepreneurial dynamism. During the past years, HARI has supported the GK through the construction of SIBOL schools, GK Villages, and through the provision of vans to provide for GK’s much needed mobility needs around the nation. This year, the automotive group will not only provide additional transportation vehicles for the GK, but will also offer professional counselling to new generation social entrepreneurs in several forums and consultations scheduled not only this year, but in the years to come.
- St. Scholastica’s Priory – In recognition of Sr. Mary John Mananzan as One of the Top 100 Most Inspiring People in the World by Women Deliver, the leading global advocate fighting for women’s rights and maternal health, HARI has forged into a partnership with the Institute of Women’s Studies of the St. Scholastica’s Priory to propagate its PRO-Health and Well-Being advocacy. Through this partnership, the first complete 25-bed Maternity Mission Hospital with a pediatric ward and laboratory services will be built in the town of Catarman, Samar.
- Habitat for Humanity – This alliance will bring to fruition the HARI mission to provide decent homes for the marginalized sector of the society, encapsulated in its PRO-Poor advocacy. Beyond providing the structure, HARI aims to build new homes in a nurturing and thriving environment to ensure the sustainability of the Filipino families. For 2011, HARI’s joint efforts with Habitat for Humanity will see the construction of its initial batch of homes for the poor, uplifting the conditions of many marginalized families.
- Haribon Foundation – whereby HARI will hope to realize its vision for a thriving and sustainable world “where cars, people, and the planet coexist as one dynamic system” embodied in the green slogan of its PRO-Environment campaign, Together We Can for a Green Tomorrow. HARI’s green mission started last year at the Yapak Forest in Boracay and the Caliraya Watershed in Cavinti, Laguna. This year, the automotive company will continue its green initiatives with an estimate donation of over 20,000 native tree seedlings as well as other eco-projects in development.
- HARI to launch first-ever automotive-sponsored charity run in PH to propagate four (4) advocacies for sustainability
- Gawad Kalinga CSI, St. Scholastica’s Priory, Habitat for Humanity, and Haribon Foundation to serve as HARI’s new partners in nation-building
- HARI chooses Quirino Grandstand as new location for charity run
For further information contact:
Maria Lenavi B. Ramos
Tel: +63+2-813.6788 to 89 loc 207
Nerisse Z. Cordova
Tel: +63+2-813.6788 to 89 loc 209